Steve Nash had one of the greatest careers the NBA has seen from the point guard position. He is a two-time most valuable player award winner. Nash is also one of the most efficient guards to ever play the game.
The long time Phoenix Sun shot 49% from the floor, 42% from three, and 90% from the free throw line for his career. He also averaged 14.4 points and 9.4 assists during his time in the valley.
Nash was the leader of the “Seven seconds or less” era of the Suns. This team arguably changed the way the game is played and their impact is still seen today.
Where does the accolades, stats, and impact of Steve Nash have him ranked all-time among point guards?
Top Ten Point Guards of All-Time
- Magic Johnson – Los Angeles Lakers
- Steph Curry – Golden State Warriors
- Isiah Thomas – Detroit Pistons
- Oscar Robertson – Cincinnati Royals, Milwaukee Bucks
- Jerry West – Los Angeles Lakers
- John Stockton – Utah Jazz
- Chris Paul – New Orleans Hornets, Los Angeles Clippers, Houston Rockets, Oklahoma City Thunder, Phoenix Suns
- Jason Kidd – Dallas Mavericks, Phoenix Suns, New Jersey Nets, New York Knicks
- Steve Nash- Phoenix Suns, Dallas Mavericks, Los Angeles Lakers
- Russell Westbrook – Oklahoma City Thunder, Houston Rockets, Washington Wizards, Los Angeles Lakers, Los Angeles Clippers
There are so many great point guards to choose from in NBA history. Do you agree with the ten selections? Do you agree with the order?