At the end of the first half, the San Francisco 49ers hold a 17-10 lead over the Arizona Cardinals.
After jumping out to a quick 3-0 lead, the 49ers offense answered right back with a 7-yard touchdown reception by WR Brandon Aiyuk. This was Aiyuk’s only reception of the half.
Jimmy Garoppolo finished the second quarter 14/21, throwing for 153 yards and two touchdowns. Christian McCaffrey, the 49ers’ new offensive weapon, ran for 31 yards on only five attempts, plus an extra 48 yards from the air.
On the Cardinal’ sideline, injuries proved to be an issue. With multiple starting offensive linemen out, Arizona was unable to develop any sort of running game. James Conner sits with 11 rushes for 24 yards. Although he did run for the Cardinals only touchdown, Arizona will need more production from their starting running back if they want to mount a comeback in the second half.
DeAndre Hopkins was excellent as always. Seven receptions for 77 yards led the Cardinals’ offense by a large margin.
- The 49ers converted four straight third down conversions in the second quarter.
- Rondale Moore is questionable to return with a groin injury.
- WR Greg Dortch brought in 64 yards on 4 receptions, including a 47 yards breakout catch.
- A dropped pass from James Conner resulted in an interception and touchdown for San Francisco.
- The Cardinals struggled on first down, first 10 attempts resulted in only 7 yards.
San Francisco will receive the football to begin the second half.