This Saturday on July 30th, the Arizona Cardinals celebrated the return to action with the second annual “back together Saturday”.
Arizona fans enjoyed a day filled with autographs from the team, watching some rookies take their first reps, and getting their first glance at the 2022 season.
- Kyler Murray did not patriciate in practice as the Cardinals want to rest his arm. The 24-year-old will be in action on Monday via head coach Kliff Kingsbury.
- Rodney Hudson also got a “vet day”. However, Hudson did speak to the media for the first time since announcing his return. When asked about whether he had serious consideration of retirement, Rodney responded with, “just like any other player or any other job, as you get older in your profession, it’s a thought”.
- Zach Ertz continues to be ageless. The fans love him as well, Ertz spent a good amount of time signing autographs for the red sea.
- Isaiah Simmons is ready to play the “Star” position, this includes a hybrid of linebacker and safety. Last season’s top linebacker for the team, took plenty of reps at Safety today.
- James Conner loves his center. The Cardinals running back gave Rodney Hudson a huge hug while thanking him for returning.
- Hopkins continues to deny any purposeful use of banned substances. He told the media, “I wish the Rules weren’t so black and white”
- Colt McCoy is still a great backup QB. He had a 2-1 record as starter in 2021 with a 101.4 QBR, this is often overlooked. McCoy got plenty of reps in today.
- Fans are ready, the energy did not fail to disappoint at State Farm stadium for “back together Saturday”.
The Cardinals will be off tomorrow but, they will be back for more practice on Monday.
Week one of preseason starts in only two weeks, Arizona will be facing the Cincinnati Bengals to kick off 2022.