Friday night the Phoenix Suns are set to take on the New Orleans Pelicans. After one week, these teams sit at number 4 and 5 in the Western Conference. Sadly this will not be the showdown that it was hyped up to be earlier this week. The Pelicans will come into this game with 7 players on the injured list, including 4 starters and 2 key players off the bench.
What Will the Pelicans look like Tonight?
The list of injured players is a long one, makes me question who is even going to play. Maybe I can get out there and run a couple of minutes for them? The Pelicans injury list looks like this…
- Zion Williamson (hip/low back contusion)
- Brandon Ingram (concussion protocols)
- Herb Jones (right knee hyperextension)
- CJ McCollum (right third PIP sprain)
- Jose Alvarado (low back spasms)
- Dyson Daniels (left ankle sprain)
- Kira Lewis Jr. (right knee ACL rehab)
- E.J. Liddell (right knee ACL rehab)
Phoenix Suns Should be able…
Phoenix Suns should be able to take advantage of this and run away with tonights game. The suns are fully healthy only missing Jae Crowder who is sitting out waiting for a trade.
Devin Booker and his aggressiveness should lead the Suns into a blowout victory. However, this is the type of game that if you come out flat, their are a number of players trying to prove they belong in this league.
Never take an opponent for granted no matter the situation, because they have players with pride on this Pelicans team that will not go out without a fight.
Look for a scrappy group to go out swinging against the Suns tonight.
*Get the BEST Phoenix sports insider information, exclusive content, and access to our seasonal magazines! SIGN UP HERE to unlock our premium content!*
Rowan Donaghey is a MLB insider, NHL insider, Betting insider and breaking news reporter for Burn City Sports. You can follow him on twitter via @RowanDonaghey
Access Burn+ Premium Content & Behind the Scenes Network
- Burn+ Annual Subscription (Digital and Print) $49.95 / year
- Burn+ Monthly Premium Subscription (Digital) $5.95 / month